Sunday, August 14, 2011

Free Bath & Body Works Lotions + Makeup Bag

Paris Amour

Paris Amour:
 BBW describes this scent as "A dreamy blend of French tulips, apple blossoms and sparkling pink champagne, inspired by a romantic stroll through the streets of Paris"

Personally, I think its a nice mellow floral. I can't detect the individual notes but its a nice combination. It doesn't wisp me off to Paris when I apply it, But It does smell wonderful. After trying it I would have paid for a bottle had I not gotten one for free. I adore the BBW lotions since I find them to be very moisturizing (although I prefer the 3x body creams) but without leaving my feeling greasy. 


Bath & Body Works just released a new scent called "Paris Amour". I saw on their Facebook page that if you brought your current issue of Seventeen Magazine into the store and showed them the coupon on page 20, they would give you a free FULL SIZE bottle. I personally don't buy Seventeen, But I do own a Nook Color. On the Nook, You can download the current issue of any magazine and try it free for 14 days. I downloaded the current issue, cancelled my subscription and drove to my local BBW.
I had never used a coupon on my Nook before, So I was kind of worried about them not accepting my version of the magazine. Turns out the manager of my local BBW is a Nook Nerd too! She thought it was neat that I was using my Nook and we decided to become "Nook Friends" so we could lend books to each other.
The Cashier handed me my free bottle of Paris Amour and a coupon for the coming Saturday. The coupon offered a Free pink makeup bag, and Free full size bottle of a lotion (Charmed Life) that's not being released til October with purchase or any signature collection item. 

Charmed Life

Charmed Life: 
BBW describes this scent as "A sparkling blend of bright fruits, dazzling pink pepper, and frosted white orchids lets your spoil yourself every day. Charmed Life is a part of Bath & Body Works’ “Sexy” collection, a set of scents designed to make you feel alluring, confident and sensual."

Personally, I can smell a whole lot of orchids. After the dry down all I smell is baby powder. Lots and lots of baby powder. I for one, do not like smelling like baby powder. I know LOTS of women do though. If you think about every major deodorant company, they ALL have a 'powder' scent. Why? Women dig it. I have never enjoyed the smell because it only reminds me of babies. Not just babies, But baby diapers. I won't be repurchasing this lotion when it comes out, and will probably give this one away.  

After purchasing Paris Amour, I decided to go back on Saturday to get the free yet to be released Charmed life and the free bag. While I was there I purchased a travel size bottle (the coupon said a Signature collection item with no oz restriction) Paris Amour for $1 and got my free bag and lotion. I may not love both of the lotions but at the end of the day you can't beat getting 18oz's of lotion and a makeup bag with a cute little Eiffel Tower as the zipper for $1


XoXo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment